- Favorite Color: It changes a lot, but these days, it's red. I've been wearing a red scarf and carrying a matching red purse - ooh la la - très chic.
- Favorite Food: My chef recently made this deadly szechwan shrimp dish with brown rice - deadly awesome (I can't believe I've become one of those people who says, "My chef..." God, what a princess.)
- Favorite Month: September.
- Favorite Song: That's a tough one. Right now, the song that I can't get out of my head is an acoustic version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and "What a Wonderful World" that Superstar put on a "Songs for Soul Mates" CD that he sent me last week.
- Favorite Movie: Another toughie. I like fucked-up Canadian movies with lots of angst. Cronenberg's Last Night was great for that. But in terms of recent films, I would have to say Stranger than Fiction.
- Favorite Sport: Is bellydancing a sport?
- Favorite Season: Fall.
- Favorite Day of the Week: Thursday.
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Mango gelato. Any authentic gelato, really.
- Favorite Time of Day: This is going to sound sappy, but it's when I crawl into bed at the end of the day to call Superstar and drift off to the sound of his deep, soothing voice.
- Current Mood: Content
- Current Taste: Chocolate
- Current Clothes: Brown bohemian skirt with sequin detail at the waist, knee-high brown boots, black top, red scarf, red purse, black and white plaid trench coat, green and orange amber earrings, dream-catcher amber necklace.
- Current Desktop: A picture of a sunset over the ice floes of the Arctic Ocean, from when Superstar was on a ship up there.
- Current Toenail Color: Natural.
- Current Time: 10:30 p.m.
- Current Surroundings: My living room. There's an Italian oil painting of this woman who kind of looks like a gypsy staring down at me. My father bought it from an artist on the street when we were in Italy when I was two. The artist has the same last name as me, which is why he bought it, I'm guessing. But I do like the painting. I've named her Maria. She seems wise. And has great jewellery.
- Current Thoughts: Four days 'til I'm in Nova Scotia with Superstar.
- First Best Friend: Ray, the boy who lived two doors down from us. Our birthdays are six days apart and we were best friends from the time we were born through high school -he was my grad date.
- First Kiss: My friend Shawn when I was 16, I think. It wasn't consensual -he just grabbed me and kissed me. I was so pissed that he was my first kiss. Not cool.
- First Screen Name: The first one was a fun compilation of my first and last names, so I can't tell you that. The first blog screen name was Saviabella.
- First Pet: A grey tabby named Cookie.
- First Piercing: I think I was in Grade 4 when I got my ears pierced.
- First Crush: My friend Ray - I used to chase him around in pre-school.
- First CD: McLaren Furnace Room by the Watchmen. My first cassette tape was True Blue by Madonna, and my first record was Straight Ahead by Amy Grant (ah, yes, the traumatic religious upbringing rears its head.)
- Last Cigarette: I've never really smoked, but back in the bar days, was known to indulge once in awhile. I would say that it's probably been 10 years since I inhaled.
- Last Drink: Wednesday night - two glasses of red wine and a flute of champagne to celebrate an event that we'd planned that went very, very well.
- Last Car Ride: I just came home from a classical music concert, so the drive home.
- Last Kiss: I believe I made smoochie noises on the phone to Superstar not too long ago (yes, you're puking in your mouth just a little, aren't you?) but in terms of a physical kiss, it would be with my friend Tuesday. He had soft lips.
- Last Movie Seen: Stranger than Fiction
- Last Phone Call: The usual goodnight call with Superstar.
- Last CD Played: Superstar's "Songs for Soul Mates" CD. Which also included the song "Fuck Her Gently" by Tenacious D. He really knows how to charm a gal, doesn't he?
6 HAVE YOU EVERS
- Have You Ever Dated One Of Your Best Guy/Girl Friends: My friend Tuesday. But I wouldn't call what we were doing dating.
- Have You Ever Broken the Law: I got caught with fake ID when I was 18. It sucked.
- Have You Ever Been Arrested: Nope. I'm a good girl.
- Have You Ever Skinny Dipped: Jane and I tried to do it at Babs' wedding, but it was too cold out. It's still on my list of things to do. Superstar is very outdoorsy, so if he's around, chances are it's going to happen.
- Have You Ever Been on TV: More times than I can count. At one point, I even hosted my own show.
- Have You Ever Kissed Someone You Didn’t Know: Hell yeah.
- Things You’re Wearing: See current clothes, above.
- Things You’ve Done Today: Went to Weight Watchers (monthly lifetime membership weigh-in), bought healthy food at grocery store and refused to take plastic bag for environmental reasons, napped, talked to Superstar, went for sushi with T-Bird, went to classical music concert, talked to Superstar again, blogged this list.
- Things You Can Hear Right Now: The whir of my new, very sleek laptop.
- Things You Can’t Live Without: Fabulous friends, music, books, laughter and my pets.
- Things You Do When You’re Bored: Sing opera, dance around my living room, watch Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and George Stroumboulopoulos.
4 PLACES YOU’VE BEEN TODAY
- Weight Watchers
- Grocery store
- Sushi restaurant
- Classical music concert
3 PEOPLE YOU CAN TELL ANYTHING TO
- Musically Speaking
- Black or White: Black
- Hot or Cold: Tepid. I hate extremes.
1 THING YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE
- Go back to Italy and see my grandparents before they die.